Genium X3: The world's most technologically advanced prosthetic leg
Above-Knee Prosthesis with: Genium X3
What you need to know
Advantages for you
The most natural gait possible
An accelerometer and a gyroscope intuitively know where your leg is in space, using the same technologies from Wii™ gaming systems and smartphones, for a virtually natural gait. That means less worry of a stumble or fall and less concentration needed when you’re on the move.
More physical capabilities than any other prosthetic leg including running, walking backwards, crossing obstacles in a more anatomically correct way, and climbing stairs step-over-step without massive compensating movement. You’re always in control.
The Genium X3 has undergone stringent waterproof testing. Completely submersible, the Genium X3 allows unprecedented contact with water. Perfect for anyone working near water or for activities such as showering, washing your car, or boating. (Just be sure to clean it afterwards.)
Run, walk, runRunning on the Genium X3 prosthetic leg.
Via the remote, the Genium X3 switches into a larger swing angle for running and other sports. Plus, the innovative Walk2Run mode detects start-and-stop running (such as crossing a street or trying to catch a bus) and automatically increases your swing angle.
Robust and ready
The Genium X3 is “ruggedized” based on conditions an active duty military member might face. That means it’s up to any challenging terrain you may encounter!
Keep going for longer
The Genium X3 offers improved battery life and an automatic “sleep” mode. That translates into five plus days of use without the need for a recharge, giving you greater independence.
Every step is smooth and secure
Choose any of the Triton feet from Ottobock to complete your Genium X3 system -- these two are waterproof:
- the Triton Heavy Duty, robust and waterproof, for particularly challenging conditions), or
- the Triton Low Profile, with especially low structural height for those who need the extra room
5 activity modes
Five activity modes allow your choice of activities –biking, golfing, driving, and more – activated using a key fob-sized remote. Just strap on the remote control via its Velcro wristband – you’re ready to go!
How the Genium X3 works
The Genium X3 advantage: Optimised Physiological Gait (OPG)
How does it work?
The Genium X3 maintains a hydraulically controlled 4˚ of preflexion of the knee joint when your heel starts your stride (“heel strike”), which allows your foot to reach full contact more quickly and gives you a more stable start to your step.
(2) Adaptive Yielding Control
Intelligent knee flexion (max. 17˚, depending on the situation) gives you more efficient, intuitive control of your prosthesis.
- Because the knee is flexed it better absorbs shocks and helps limit future orthopedic problems.
- Easy to take off with a quick step or side step.
- Makes slopes and uneven terrain easier to handle, while reducing the need for you to make compensating movements.
(3) Dynamic Stability Control (DSC)
The heart of the system: DSC continuously samples multiple environmental inputs—including a gyroscope and 2-axis accelerometer—which determine the appropriate resistance (support) and release at any time during your walking cycle. That means optimum security for you.
- Supports multi‑directional movement, so you can take quick steps— forwards, backwards, and sideways.
- Increases stability when walking backwards.
(4) Adaptive Swing Phase Control
You get precise control of your lower leg no matter what your walking speed is. This also helps to prevent falls.
- The quality of your swing phase (when your leg is off the ground) is far superior to other prosthetic knee joints.
- It’s easier to swing your knee through during a stride, helping reduce the risk of stumbles and falls.
- There are no limits on walking style: quick, slow, irregular— Genium X3 handles it all.
The waterproof Triton Low Profile, with especially low structural height for those who need the extra room
The waterproof Triton Heavy Duty, robust and ready for particularly challenging conditions
The lightweight Triton carbon fiber foot with exceptionally smooth control
The Triton Vertical Shock (VS) with great shock absorption in a compact design
The Triton Harmony with integrated vacuum technology
|Genium X3 Specifications|
|Patient weight||275 lbs|
|Weight of knee||3 lbs 12 oz|
|Weight of the tube adapter||10.5 oz|
|Adjustable activity modes||5|
|Operating with fully charged battery||Approx. 5 days|
|Knee flexion angle||Max. 135 degrees|
Take a look at our Frequently Asked Questions for more information.
Not finding what you are looking for? Please contact us!